Skip to main content
Article thumbnail
Location of Repository

U.S. Crop Farmers' Use of Market Advisory Services

By O. Isengildina, J.M.E. Pennings, S.H. Irwin and D.L. Good

Abstract

This study reports that Market Advisory Services (MAS) are used by about 82% of commercial US crop producers, based on the results of a recent survey. Only 43% of MAS users rely on a single service, while the other 57% subscribe to multiple services. MAS users┬┐ profiles in terms of their (a) demographic characteristics, (b) risk attitude, and (c) marketing behavior are presented. The results indicate that MAS users can be differentiated based on their location and use of computers, though not on age and farm size. MAS users are shown to be significantly more risk-seeking than non-users. Furthermore, MAS users apply significantly more forward pricing techniques, but are no different from non-users in terms of marketing frequency

Year: 2006
OAI identifier:
Provided by: NARCIS
Download PDF:
Sorry, we are unable to provide the full text but you may find it at the following location(s):
  • http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3 (external link)
  • http://library.wur.nl/oai (external link)
  • http://edepot.wur.nl/43498 (external link)
  • http://library.wur.nl/WebQuery... (external link)
  • Suggested articles


    To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.