In 1937 the International Harvester Company (now Navistar Corporation) built a plant devoted to the construction of motor trucks and farm machinery on the west side of Indianapolis at 1065 West Washington Street. As bulldozers and cranes turned the field and farmhouse into a factory the Bass Photo Company documented the event. Work continues on the roof and windows in March of 1938. The J.L. Simmons Company was the project contractor.The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.