Rollins Digital Collections

    Postcard of Martin Hall

    No full text
    Martin Hall was willed to Rollins College in 1956 by Dr. John Martin, a conference leader and consultant on International Relations, who came to Winter Park in the 1930s. The college converted the building into a conservatory, which was used until Rollins sold the house in 1976 to Walter and Marlene Pyne

    Mills Memorial Building, 1991

    No full text
    The Mills Memorial Building,built in 1951, was first used as a library and later as the Thomas P. Johnson writing center and offices after the Olin Library opened in the early 1980s. WPRK, the college radio station, took permanent residence in the basement of Mills Hall; it broadcast tower is visible from Mills Lawn

    Page 25

    No full text

    1

    No full text

    Students on Student Center Steps, (ca.) 1971

    No full text
    Students (right to left) David Hochstetter ('73), John Borden ('73), and Kay Garlington ('74), chat on the steps to the Student Center sometime between 1971 and 1973. The center was built in 1941

    1

    No full text

    3

    No full text

    3

    No full text
    The Parsonage (left), built in 1885 as the home of the first president of Rollins, was moved to the corner of Fairbanks and Chase from 527 Interlachen Avenue South to make room for the Bush Science Center. The parsonage was later demolished on December 2, 1976

    Campus Map, 1885 - 1955

    No full text
    Among the buildings used by Rollins College in its first term were: the Larabee House (mens dormitory; located at the corner of Boulevard and New York (Indiana) Avenue in 1955), White's Hall (classrooms; located at the corner of East Park Avenue and Welbourne Avenue in 1955), the Congressional Church (located at the corner of New England Avenue and Church Avenue in 1955), the Congressional Parsonage (the President's house; located on Interlachen Avenue, south of Comstock Avenue in 1955), and Ward Cottage (womens dormitory; located on Oeceola Avenue in 1955). The Rogers House, later the Virginia Inn was located on Boulevard near Lake Osceola in 1955. The Seminole Hotel, which burned in 1902, was under construction in 1955 on the corner of Chase Avenue and Osceola Avenue. The bold line demarcates the campus boundary in 1955

    Page 4 & 5

    No full text
    Rollins Digital Collections is based in US
    Do you manage Rollins Digital Collections? Access insider analytics, issue reports and manage access to outputs from your repository in the CORE Dashboard!