oaioai:images.indianahistory.org:dc013/290

Levey Brothers & Company, Indianapolis, Indiana ca. 1905

Abstract

The Levey Brothers & Company building was located on State House Square at the north east corner of Ohio and Senate Avenues. The building was designed by Rubush & Hunter in 1905, the premier Indianapolis architectural firm in Indianapolis during the early part of the 20th century. Levey Brothers & Company is described in the city directory as being lithographers, printers, blank book manufacturers, and stationers. Louis H. Levey was the president, Alfred M. Glossbrenner the vice-president, and William J. Dobyns the secretary and treasurer. This interior view shows the workers and equipment for lithography, book binding, and printing departments. The building had a sawtooth roof with side lights.The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order

Similar works

Full text

thumbnail-image

Indiana Historical Society Digital Image Collections

Provided original full text link
oaioai:images.indianahistory.org:dc013/290Last time updated on 6/30/2012

Having an issue?

Is data on this page outdated, violates copyrights or anything else? Report the problem now and we will take corresponding actions after reviewing your request.