In field trials on the eradication of brucellosis from dairy herds in Great Britain, which began in 1933, a serum standard of reference was used for the examination of agglutinating suspensions prepared in different laboratories. In 1937, the Office International des Epizooties (OIE) adopted this standard and made recommendations for its use internationally. These recommendations were revised by OIE in 1948, by the Third Inter-American Congress on Brucellosis and by the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Panel on Brucellosis in 1950, and again by the latter body in 1952. A new batch equivalent in potency to the original standard was established by the WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization in 1952 as the International Standard for Anti-Brucella abortus Serum
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.