Although Jordan never had the opportunity to attend college, some of his closest business associates went to Butler University, and through these associations he became interested in the school. In 1924 Jordan gave $25,000 toward Butler’s endowment fund as a Christmas present. In 1926 he gave Butler $1 million to build Jordan Hall on its new campus when it moved from Irvington to its present location. The building is shown here during construction
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.