The front of the Opera House was made of Bedford stone. The busts on the columns between the second and third floor windows are of English family members and Indiana governors. Electric light was used in front of the opera house for the first time January 31, 1882, in honor of a popular diva at the time, Adelina Patti, who thrilled the crowd with her performance that evening. Small businesses occupied shops on the street level. Appears in Destination Indiana
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.