Article thumbnail
Location of Repository

St. Catherine School, Winners of Grand Season Prizes Offered by the Blue Valley Creamery Company of Indianapolis, During 1934 and 1935 Football and Basketball Campaign

By W. H. Bass Photo Company

Abstract

St. Catherine School of Sienna students were winners during the 1934 and 1935 football and basketball campaign. The basketball team members are seen holding basketballs at the center of the large student group. St. Catherine of Sienna was founded in 1909 by Bishop Francis Silas Chatard on the south side of Indianapolis. The church was dedicated in 1910 with expansions in 1922 and 1926. The church and school were located at the corners of South Shelby and East Tabor Streets just north of Garfield Park. The church and school were razed during the 1990s.The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order

Topics: Group portraits; Children; Students; Schools; School children; Catholic churches; Catholic schools; Sports
Publisher: Indiana Historical Society
Year: 1930
OAI identifier: oai:images.indianahistory.org:dc013/231
Download PDF:
Sorry, we are unable to provide the full text but you may find it at the following location(s):
  • http://images.indianahistory.o... (external link)
  • Suggested articles


    To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.