Built in 1905, Washington Park baseball field was located at 1235 West Washington Street. The Indianapolis City Directory lists it as the Indianapolis Athletic Association Washington Ball Park. Home of the Indianapolis Indians it was the center of professional baseball in Indiana until 1931. The site is now part of the Indianapolis Zoo. Local companies are advertised on the fences and billboards around the field.The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. The interpositives are stored in PAN number order
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.