Terre Haute also joined the Movement. The city is located on the bank of the Wabash River which forms its western boundary. In 1916, 38 acres of riverside land were donated to the city by the Fairbanks family and a park was created and named for former mayor Henry Fairbanks. In 1919, local businessman and philanthropist, William S. Rea donated land and money for a park and golf course. Completed in 1925, the park’s clubhouse reflects the style of architecture made popular by the Movement.This image is a preservation copy made from an unstable original nitrate negative
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.