John L. Lewis was photographed by Charles Bretzman in 1927. At the time he was the President of the United Labor Bank & Trust Co. located at 2 E. Market Street. He was also the leader of the United Mine Workers of America from 1919 to 1960. The union had its headquarters on the 11th floor of the Merchants Bank Building in Indianapolis until 1934 when it moved to Washington, D.C.This image is a preservation copy made from an unstable original nitrate negative. The image is part of Series III
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.