This view shows the gardens on the day of the Landon sisters wedding in 1920. The walkway down to the garden is decorated with flowers. In 1920, Alice and Margaret Landon were married in a double wedding at Oldfields, Alice to David P. Sawyer and Margaret to John Delaplane. Oldfields became the Lilly house and gardens on the grounds of the Indianapolis Museum of Art.This image is a preservation copy made from an unstable original nitrate negative. The image is part of Series III
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.