In 1902, the name was “Indiana Central University.” Soon ICU became popularly known as “Indiana Central College,” only to formally revert decades later to the “University” name. Then, at Commencement 1986, President Gene E. Sease announced the change to “University of Indianapolis,” capitalizing on the opportunity to signal the growth in the institution’s size and stature and link its future to Indiana’s emerging capital city. The nickname “UIndy” was adopted 20 years later.Use of this image is restricted to projects related to Destination Indiana. IHS may not reproduce.Destination Indiana - University of Indianapolis Journe
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.