In 1917 the Ball brothers bought the land and buildings of the defunct Eastern Indiana Normal University in Muncie and donated them to the state. The campus reopened in 1918 as Indiana State Normal School. It was renamed Ball Teachers College in 1922 and is now known as Ball State University. The statue Beneficence was erected in 1937 with its five pillars honoring the five brothers.Use of this image is restricted to projects related to Destination Indiana. IHS may not reproduce.Destination Indiana - Ball Family Journe
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.