After graduating from medical school, Dr. Albert Schweitzer became a mission doctor. He and his wife established a tropical hospital to alleviate the illness and misery of the people in a small jungle place called Lambaréné, French Equatorial Africa. The hospital was financed by donations and Schweitzer's public appearances in Europe. In 1954, Lilly donated 29 tons of pharmaceuticals to Dr. Schweitzer's clinic to assist in his humanitarian mission.Use of this image is restricted to projects related to Destination Indiana. IHS may not reproduce.Destination Indiana Eli Lilly and Company - Philanthropy Journe
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.