Skip to main content
Article thumbnail
Location of Repository

Acesso vascular para hemodiálise: avaliação do tipo e local anatômico em 23 unidades de diálise distribuídas em sete estados brasileiros Hemodialysis vascular access: evaluation of type and local of vascular access used in 23 dialysis centers in seven brazilian states

By Fábio Linardi, Felipe de Francisco Linardi, José Luís Bevilacqua, José Francisco Moron Morad, José Augusto Costa and Fausto Miranda Júnior

Abstract

OBJETIVO: Demonstrar os acessos vasculares para hemodiálise mais utilizados em 23 unidades de hemodiálise, distribuídas em sete estados brasileiros. MÉTODO: Entre outubro de 1999 a agosto de 2000, foram avaliados 2559 pacientes em 23 unidades de hemodiálise distribuídas em 23 estados brasileiros onde foi observado: A - A freqüência da utilização do acesso vascular, se externo através de cateteres ou se interno através de fístula arteriovenosa (FAV). B - Os tipos de cateteres, se de curta permanência ou de longa permanência, assim como os locais anatômicos utilizados para sua inserção. C - Os tipos de FAV, se direta ou com interposição de algum tipo de prótese e os locais anatômicos onde foram construídas, se distais ou proximais. D - O custo financeiro com os acessos vasculares. RESULTADOS: Constatou-se que 93,4% dos pacientes tinham um acesso vascular através de FAV e 6,6% através de cateter. As FAV diretas distais foram as mais utilizadas em 74,8% dos pacientes; as FAV diretas proximais foram construídas em 21,7% das vezes; as FAV com politetrafluoretileno expandido (PTFE) 3,2% da totalidade; a veia safena foi utilizada em 0,1% e as FAV consideradas como outras em 0,2%. Os cateteres de longa permanência foram utilizados em 8,7% da totalidade dos cateteres e os de curta permanência em 91,3%. Como via de acesso a veia jugular foi utilizada em 42,4%, a veia subclávia em 42,4% e a veia femoral em 6,5%. O custo financeiro com acesso para hemodiálise foi de 1% do custo total das unidades. CONCLUSÕES: O acesso vascular no Brasil tem características próprias. O acesso mais utilizado é a FAV distal e o uso do PTFE é baixo.<br>BACKGROUND: To demonstrate type and local of vascular access for hemodialysis used in 23 dialysis centers in seven Brazilian states. METHODS: From October 1999 to August 2000, a total of 2559 patients in 23 hemodialysis centers were studied to determine: A- the frequency of catheter utilization and arteriovenous fistulae (AVF) as a vascular access for hemodialysis .B- the types of catheters (cuffed, tunneled catheters) or acute one and the sites of choice for the insertion. C- if AVF was the access, its type (native or with insertion of polytetrafluoroethylene - PTFE) and location (distal or proximal). D- the costs with vascular access as a percentage of the total costs of the unit. RESULTS: The study showed that 93.4% of the patients had an AVF as a vascular access for hemodialysis and the remaining 6.6% had a catheter. Distal native AVF was the more frequently constructed (74.8%), while the proximal native AVF was constructed in 21.7% of the times. Insertion of PTFE reached 3.2%, saphenous vein was used in 0.1% and the others AVFs, 0.2%. Cuffed, tunneled catheters (long term catheters) were used in 8.7% and acute catheters in 91.3%. The sites of choice when using an acute catheter were the subclavian and internal jugular veins (both with 42.4% of the preference) and the femoral vein in 6.5%. The costs with a vascular access for hemodialysis reached 1% of the total costs of the unit. CONCLUSIONS: Vascular access for hemodialysis in Brazil has different aspects compared with United States of America or European data. The most frequently vascular access constructed is the distal native AVF and the use of PTFE for AVF construction is very low

Topics: Hemodiálise, Fístula arteriovenosa, Acesso vascular, Cateter, Insuficiência renal crônica, Renal dialysis, Hemodialysis units, hospital, Arteriovenous fistula, Catheters indwelling, Catheter, Kidney failure, chronic, LCC:Surgery, LCC:RD1-811, LCC:Medicine, LCC:R, DOAJ:Surgery, DOAJ:Medicine (General), DOAJ:Health Sciences
Publisher: Colégio Brasileiro de Cirurgiões
Year: 2003
DOI identifier: 10.1590/S0100-69912003000300005
OAI identifier: oai:doaj.org/article:ac33aa3a17024e149546ba2c26bb5cee
Journal:
Download PDF:
Sorry, we are unable to provide the full text but you may find it at the following location(s):
  • http://doaj.org/search?source=... (external link)
  • Suggested articles


    To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.