Location of Repository

By 

Abstract

liquid mercury fact sheet How to prevent and avoid exposure from mercury spills. What is mercury? Mercury is a naturally occurring metal. Liquid mercury is shiny and silver-white. It is odorless. Most people have seen liquid mercury sometime during their life in thermometers and barometers. It is used in blood pressure machines, as well. Mercury is also found in batteries, dental fillings, outdoor lighting, neon signs, and camera equipment. How might I be exposed to liquid mercury? —Breaking a thermometer or other mercury-containing instrument in your home —Breathing vapors in air from mercury spills, incinerators, and industries that burn mercury-containing fuels —Release of mercury from dental work and medical treatments —Breathing contaminated workplace air or through skin contact during use in the workplace. Workplaces that commonly use mercury include dental, health services, and chemical industries

Year: 2013
OAI identifier: oai:CiteSeerX.psu:10.1.1.373.1189
Provided by: CiteSeerX
Download PDF:
Sorry, we are unable to provide the full text but you may find it at the following location(s):
  • http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/v... (external link)
  • http://www.myfloridaeh.com/med... (external link)
  • Suggested articles


    To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.