Fundamental Restoration of the Civic Hospital in Split (1866–1872)

Abstract

The aim of this study was to investigate the progress of the fundamental restoration and enlargement of the Civic Hospital in Split between 1866 and 1872 on the basis of the previously unexplored materials, such as Shorthand reports of the Dalmatian Parliament in Zadar kept in the Split University Library, and the archival documents about the completion of this renewal preserved in the State Archives in Zadar. The right author of the restoration project and the name of the building manager were found. The data of the renewal beginning were corrected. The findings showed that the renewal of the Civic Hospital in Split started after the decision of the Dalmatian Parliament about its enlargement and restoration on February 9, 1866, according to the project drafted by the Provincial director of the public buildings doctor Ivan Lucchini. On October 7, 1871, the Dalmatian Parliament determined about the way for the continuation of these works. The complete restoration of the Civic Hospital in Split finished in 1872. The study revealed the realization of longtime efforts for the enlargement of hospital capacity in Split. With this restoration and appropriate organizational structure, the Civic Hospital in Split could offer better treatment to the patients, parturient women and foundlings

Similar works

Full text

thumbnail-image

Hrčak - Portal of scientific journals of Croatia

Provided a free PDF
oai:hrcak.srce.hr:26905Last time updated on 8/27/2013View original full text link

Having an issue?

Is data on this page outdated, violates copyrights or anything else? Report the problem now and we will take corresponding actions after reviewing your request.