Fort Benjamin Harrison was established as a military training center in June of 1904 in Lawrence Township of Marion County. During August of 1906, 3,000 Indiana National Guard troops from around the state arrived by trains and poured into the camp for training in mock battles and military maneuvers. Indiana Governor J. Frank Hanly and his staff spent time at the camp, meeting officers, eating lunch, and reviewing the troops. This view shows troops in formation before dignitaries and civilians at the camp of instruction at the time of the governor's visit in August.The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.