The Ellenbergers came to Warren Township in the mid-19th century. Their farm encompassed much of the land north of Pleasant Run Creek, and north of 10th Street, near Ritter Avenue. By the 1880s, they had an informal understanding with families who wanted to picnic and stroll on their holdings near the creek. The city bought the site in 1911. By the 1940s, as shown in this view, the park had classical street lights, walking paths, and (not visible here) ball fields and a swimming pool.Use of this image is restricted to projects related to Destination Indiana. IHS may not reproduce.Destination Indiana - Irvington Journe
To submit an update or takedown request for this paper, please submit an Update/Correction/Removal Request.